Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Iphone Cover Fox Dirt Bike

fission Point (David Torres)

TITLE: Point of fission
AUTHOR: David Torres
EDITORIAL : Algaida
ISBN: 978-84-9877-568-6
PAG: 372
PRICE: 20 €

SYNOPSIS:
"The stories are with pieces of other stories. " Like the Frankenstein monster, the tattooed body of Julia or the propeller of the genetic code, this book is made from fragments of different stories that are joined together to collect new life.

four seemingly unrelated stories are twisted together in a bold counterpoint until eventually all lead to one story, a wonderful tribute to literature and the blind impulse to narrate.

25 years ago today, the horrible accident of Chernobyl and coinciding with this date (and by chance) I bring you the review of a book in which this disaster is very present. As I finished putting up with some things and probably today as I run out of internet hours, I leave the review of this book which was the last I read before making Paradita blogger and I liked it.

The truth is that I'm not buying those books to hit "home" but I recognize that a striking and beautiful helps me lift the table of art in any bookstore, and if I have to be honest, I do not know if I had leafed through the novel if not come to me to be sent from the publisher. As I mentioned in BBF # 11, he had not ordered but was the winner of IV Novel Award Logroño and had just "come out the oven "and from Algaida were kind enough to send me a copy. Now, once finished reading I have to confess that I liked a lot more than I had chosen.

I take my hat off to this book that has been the most original and strange that I have read this year.

The novel begins with the story of Sergei, a child who survived the tragedy of Chernobyl, but is used by Boris, a Ukrainian mafia is to recover objects and memories of people who lived in Pripyat (the town closest to the nuclear power plant) and uses it to children who know the environment. In fact the history of Sergie is a novel written by him we read it and sandwiched between three other stories.

On the one hand we have Matas, a publisher that a blunder puts his world upside down overnight. The cast of the work (for alleged harassment of Julia, a co-worker) and home (for alleged infidelity) and ends up living with Domingo, a paralytic, is dedicated to writing reviews of porn movies and having a terrible, funny black comedy.

Then there is Leonardo Zubiri. The poor has fallen by lightning and without having ever read a book, suddenly is given by reading everything that is around and write strange stories, using as inspiration anything given the same base a character in a Playboy "Playboy" that Franco himself and turn it into "Frankonstein" through organ transplants that he get "hunting" for the poor suckers in the Pardo. The same extracts ideas of an encyclopedia than a novel Jasmine. Do not know why or for whom he writes, but once you get to edit it succeeds dramatically.

And finally we have the police inspector Rodríguez. Take a poet inside and composes sonnets sometimes read aloud in a den of Lavapiés called The Cave. The case we are dealing with is to find out who is behind the attacks that have suffered Cibeles (a which have flown the head) and the statue of Neptune (which has lost the nose). The clues are pointing to Pichy ( Chulapos Independence Party And? )

Clearly
David Torres Ruiz
the book, says the cover, is a history made of other stories. I swear that when I had read a chapter on each of these four stories, not just catch him, much less point just to make sense, but he never lost for me was the pace, so I kept reading and I suddenly found myself with some stories that even though you know that at some point will come together, or at least I hope, I did not come that does not happen because they all interest me equally.

Sergei's story is especially hard, perhaps because they are real, or at least be based on facts that did happen, is what made me be more serious at the time to read, he visited a ghost town days, weeks , months after the disaster and see the devastation and horror that became everything and the terrible effects of this disaster caused among the population, but ... this book I also have started a few laughs when he least expected and the mood that permeates the pages helps to balance or soften the hardest moments. I would like to transcribe some of the things that hiceron me laugh but I know learned from context would not be the same and it is best to find those moments as you read. Humor, love, terrorism, literature, porn ... finally! many ingredients, but all in perspective to develop a cocktail in my opinion great.

I really liked how you write the author, his imagination at the time of writing this master puzzle and how to weave all the stories. Structure Thus a novel and get it then everything clicks into place always seemed too complicated. Suddenly everything makes sense, characters that seemed to never be found found the right time to do so. It was a novel that has been gaining pace as I went to merge into a single narrative line and get to that amazing final.

I think it was a bold gamble to write this story, and I'm glad a lot of reading it because as I said earlier, might not have called my attention too, if you do not get to send me.

And despite all this, I do not know if a novel can be recommended to anyone. Maybe so strange that is, in principle that composition disordered by these somewhat fanciful and surreal stories, mixed with the one at Chernobyl in the background. In any case, I do not leave anyone indifferent, and I think it can be a very interesting book to break with normal readings.

You can watch a brief comment of the author and Fernando Marías about the book, and like the latter I also think that is worth reading.



Photographs used:
- the book: http://www.sigueleyendo.es/tag/david-torres/
- author: http://www.estandarte.com / noticias/premios/david-torres-premio-logrono-de-novela_86.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment