Before resuming the BBF section on Fridays I bring you a post about books.
During this Easter I decided to read without taking notes, unmarked pages, no thought then was to review the books and in fact I will not do. I acknowledge that I have read and relaxed and already missed him, but I will leave the evaluation of the books, so that at least give you an idea of \u200b\u200bwhether I liked or not. These are my readings from 15 to 24 April. I think that has not been too bad.
During this Easter I decided to read without taking notes, unmarked pages, no thought then was to review the books and in fact I will not do. I acknowledge that I have read and relaxed and already missed him, but I will leave the evaluation of the books, so that at least give you an idea of \u200b\u200bwhether I liked or not. These are my readings from 15 to 24 April. I think that has not been too bad.
A nice story tinged with romantic, but starting with an episode that occurred during the Second World War is not unusual to find in a novel, the arrival in China of Russians who fled their country during the Bolshevik Revolution settled there. In particular this is the story of Anya Kozlova, how, when only 13 years, is separated from her mother, who is sent to a labor camp in Siberia, and how they can survive and function in life, always thinking Back to encounter her again.
A story that will pass along 25 years and that will take us from the magnificent Shanghai to Australia the hand of a protagonist who will mature in a rush and save all sorts of obstacles. Find his mother at all costs and reunited with her will be the ultimate goal of your life. Will be at the top of society in Shanghai, the most terrible misery. On his way he will cross many interesting characters, find love, heartbreak, good friends and some worse, but all learn and become a fighter, outspoken, and worker know to get ahead in life.
If I decide to stay (Gayle Forman)
Pages: 192
Pages: 192
Rating: (3 Little worms)
Well, a juvenile history is not bad, is read from flip, but I have not contributed much. The story of a teenager who suffers an accident and while in coma should consider whether it is in this world after all that has been lost in this accident and would rather die. I did not find particularly original, is rather predictable and I think it has a slightly peliculero final.
I certainly would not have ended well, but of course I have in mind that the protagonist of this book is 17 years old and not my 40.
The green gel pen (Eloy Moreno)
Pages: 304
Pages: 304
Rating: (3.5 worms)
Finally, I read the famous green pen. Anda is not what the author seems worthy, just for this effort has shown confidence in his work had to read it. The "sustraje" house of my sister and I read it in one of these rainy afternoons I think almost everyone has had during those days.
certainly understand the success it has received. Neck bet that any reader will feel identified in any of the pages of this book but I did not like as much as expected. The protagonist has managed to catch it near the depression. A little more fussy. I would like to give it a few wiggles to savvy on more than one occasion. The truth is I do not know how to describe this novel. Although I love to read realistic stories from time to time generally prefer stories that make me switch from day to day and it made me go looking for people on the street thinking how many people will not like the nameless protagonist of this book. I recognize myself have felt many times as he and have been wanting to send everything to hell, just that I chose to talk to who should do not like him. I hate to find myself in a book with things I do not like or did not like my own life, but I understand it's a story that makes you reflect and think, even if the end I did not like too, it seemed too fast and sorry, but not credible.
that poetry is not my thing. Just do not usually understand it, I prefer to tell a story or a feeling in prose. Yet he was kind enough to send me a copy of his poems and he promised he would understand. Not only do I understand perfectly, but with this novel I have known a little more personally, because they reflect the love he feels for his homeland, the place where he decided to live "Five Towns" and theirs.
I particularly liked several. The entitled "Fire" the summer because it reminded me that we burned half Galicia and how he saw ashes falling on my house, I loved especially dedicated to his daughter "Live You" and moved me the entitled "Lives blown apart in Atocha," and I imaginareis why.
Thanks Susan, for though the poetry still not be my favorite genre, you get that from the readings of this year has a book of poems I have read it twice, and also (and I mean that sincerely) ; I liked. A big kiss for you (and yours).
The city del Azahar (César Vidal)
Pages: 768
Rating: (4 Little worms)
did not know what to expect from this novel. My brothers gave me last year for my birthday, but created some discord because my brother chose it and apparently my sister, the author falls pretty bad.
I know the author to see him in passing in a program and do I like good or evil, but because when I read what interests me is that the story I like, I thanked the gift and after reading it I have to say it is a very interesting novel that I liked it. I thought it might be written in a style somewhat heavy reading, but quite the opposite. It's
Qmar story of a Muslim woman born in Baghdad with a "terrible flaws." He has light hair like his eyes, something he constantly reproach and to top it is also left-handed. Qmar learn to play the lute by Musa, her music teacher and travel to Al-Andalus in search of one of five strings. On his journey he will live many experiences, not all pleasant, know firsthand the complicated coexistence between Islam and Christianity and see how despite having been specifically educated in Islam, reading a book that gives the teacher Musa Qmar will see that there is another religion and that perhaps "communes" more.
be highlighted reflections that makes the protagonist at the beginning of each chapter. I liked a lot.
Only two "buts." The book has a glossary at the end of more than 180 words is not comfortable when reading in a book so fat and an index of over 80 characters with those names so convoluted that I have done a little slower reading. Vote for editing these books with a special bookmark which appear glossaries or indexes of characters, not having to walk back and forth constantly. A can of truth.
Otherwise, I think the novel is very well documented, that will appeal to lovers of historical novels and maybe not so much someone educated in Islam, but you can never please everyone!
The time it would
Page: 256
Rating: (4.5 Little worms) realistic
Another story you know I came by surprise and I liked it a lot more than the pen. This will
review because they were so kind to send it to me and probably hang on Wednesday. On Monday I book to teach the purchase of Sant Jordi.
And this is all I had time to read my mini-vacation blogging.
0 comments:
Post a Comment