Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Replacements Hemtai

BBF # 10 Katherine Webb

Source for this section: BBF # 1

BBF Today I bring this book to begin reading today, so for now I can not say. No longer had it and I was very glad that I came home this week, so I hope to move forward with him during the weekend. This is a book that will outline for Books and Literature , but of course when you enter the review put the link here as usual.

I miss the prologue and the fragment that I bring is the beginning of chapter one. Now that I have left my beloved winter (yes, I'm sorry), I loved this book began well.

This is LEGACY Katherine Webb. And this is the beginning ...

"Luckily it's winter. We came here only in summer, so the house looks the same. Not so unbearably familiar, not so overwhelming. Storton Manor, dark and imposing, the color of the sky under which today extends over our heads. A neo-Gothic Victorian pile with stone mullions and chipped woodwork covered with lichen. Against the walls are piled up dead leaves and behind them rises the moss, reaching the first floor sills. By lowering the car a deep breath. It's been a very English winter so far. Rainy and muddy. Hedges bruises appear blurry in the distance. Today I dressed in the vivid colors of precious stones, defying the place, its austerity and its weight in my memory. Suddenly I feel ridiculous, like a clown. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment