Friday, March 25, 2011

Brown Thick Gooey Discharge

concursitos A pair of BBF # 9 with Paul Auster

Origin of this section: BBF # 1

today the beginning of a book that I will serve as the first of the three recommended books I should read to get the end of the Challenge 2011 in which I am participating.
still do not know what the other two will choose but I will try they are titles that already have in my house to not purchase any specifically for the Challenge.

These SUNSET PARK by Paul Auster. And this is the beginning ...


"For almost a year now, has been taking pictures of abandoned things. There are at least two services a day, sometimes six or seven, and always coming in with their hosts at another address, faced with things, objects discarded by the many families who have left. Those absent have fled in haste, ashamed, confused, and secure wherever you live now (if you have found a place to live and have camped out), new homes are smaller than the homes they lost. Every home is a story of failure, insolvency and default, debt and foreclosure, "and he proposed to document the recent and persistent scattered traces of those lives to demonstrate that the missing family were there once, that ghosts of people who never see or know are present in the waste scattered around their homes empty. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment