Friday, March 18, 2011

Cool Slogans For Eating Healthy

BBF # 8 Audrey Niffenegger

Origin of this section: BBF # 1

After last week hiatus in which this section applies, I return to the BBF and the eighth with a book that I really wanted to read, after the good feeling that left me "Women's Time Traveler" . I've read very little because I was a bit stuck with another novel, but it looks very very good.

This is a disturbing SYMMETRY by Audrey Niffenegger. And this is the beginning ...

"Elspeth Robert died while standing in front of the machine, watching a small plastic cup that was filled with tea. Later, having crossed the desert remember hospital corridor with that cup of lousy tea in hand, fluorescent lights, and have returned on their steps to the room where Elspeth lay surrounded by machines. Moments before, she had turned her head toward the door, with open eyes and at first Robert thought he was conscious.
Seconds before he died, Elspeth recalled one day last spring he had walked through a muddy path along the Thames at Kew Gardens. It smelled of rotting leaves, it had rained. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment