Tuesday, May 3, 2011

How To Enclose Shower

The time it would (Fabio Volo) Purchases of Sant Jordi

ORIGINAL TITLE: Il tempo che vorrei
TRANSLATION: César Palma Hunt
AUTHOR: Fabio Volo
EDITORIAL: Plaza & Janes
PAGES: 256
PRICE: € 16.90

BACK:
A novel about a father and a son, a woman who can not forget, emotions and feelings are rarely expressed, that oozes tenderness, sympathy, authenticity on every page ... and a protagonist that we all recognize and with whom we can identify.

A story about those little moments that define our lives, little lessons that we should not miss. Because it always is time to understand, forgive, fight, feel, thanks and love.

One afternoon is what I have gone on the novel by this author unknown to me and as you know I came home Surprise, by Random House Mondadori and Plaza & Janes. By the way Am I the only one that has received the blue hourglass? Is that I've only seen white on other blogs.

is the story of Lorenzo, a man of around forty, lives in Milan and is a successful publicist who triumphs in the professional field, but it seems that the personal things are not going so well. Lorenzo has decided it is time to recover to two very important him. The woman with whom he shared three years of his life and left him for not knowing how to love and his father, a man who never showed his love and to which a disease may be about to snatch it, but ... Is not it too late ?

it is quite true that one does not value what you have until you lose it and Lorenzo may have taken too long to try to retrieve a woman who is now about to marry another man. When she left she hurled at him did not know love. Is it too late? Has it really changed?
"... was right when he said that I did not love. Could not to do so. Who confused love with the adaptation.
- is your greatest expression of love. In fact, these two things confused. When you adapt, you think you're loving. "
On the other hand, Lawrence has always missed his father show him affection, affection, a hug, just a word of approval, but grew up without all that and in my opinion is for this reason that their relationship failed. Lorenzo I think the adult, like his father over what he believed and now believes he has understood it all back in time.

The narrator of the whole story is Lorenzo himself. First person we will count your current life, but also travel with him, alternating chapters, two past, one farther where we talk about his childhood and relationship with his parents and another of his relationship with his former partner, for which no know the name until the last line of the book. For the reader, your name will be "she."


will see that Lorenzo has always lived to see how their parents had serious difficulties to move forward, constantly beset by debt, to meet deadlines, always touching the poverty line, but humble, too discrete conformist always trying not to upset or annoy anyone, always bowing their heads to creditors without ever raising his voice, and Lorenzo felt embarrassed at this lack of courage. Finally decided to leave school and help out the family business, but not only will talk about her family, will talk about his first love and especially of Robert, a neighbor who happens to be the "older brother" who never had and that opened the doors to the world of music, film and literature especially.

Their conversations I've loved. It is one of the parts of the book that I liked, because thanks to Roberto, Lorenzo loses the fear of reading. When you know Lorenzo believes that the only thing to get reading is a waste of time, but finally the words of Roberto if they manage to sink in it:
"... set in motion to read all your insights, imagination, emotions, feelings. It is an opening of the senses to the world, is a see and recognize things you own and if you read, you run the risk of losing. It helps us rediscover the soul of the hoes. Read used to find the right words to express those properly we need something. Used to describe it So before we resisted. [...] Also, reading is just beautiful. I sometimes when I finish a book, I feel satisfied, sated, satisfied, and experiment physical pleasure. "
And of course we will see how she met" her "and how was their relationship until it ended.
To me the book I liked it. Lorenzo I think it perfectly expresses their feelings past and present and really realize what he lost, but it is also true that sometimes there are opportunities to catch them when they occur, otherwise you will be another step on that car and to see if he can recover those two people, you have to read the book. If I have to choose, I prefer the story between father and son, I have received more. I could not help but feel sorry for this man, but I can come to understand. There are people who can not say with words what you feel, maybe they feel more comfortable showing it acts, the question is how to get to the other person's feelings.

Fabio Volo
Any "but"? Yes, two.
One is called Nicola. It is a close friend of Lorenzo do not know if it's in the book to make, perhaps a nice point, but I have not particularly liked. As I was telling Eva in Review, has left me that knowledge as far as women are concerned and that "Tonite" in their talks, which at some point I sounded pretty ordinary.
Two, the final chapter. I have not liked anything the turn makes the final scene of the book, yet I loved the end and left me very satisfied.

I think it's a story that immediately connects with the reader because it is easy to identify at some point with the protagonist's life. Although I have not read many reviews of the book, yes I have been reading the opinions and reflections of some readers, who are generally happy with the reading HERE

As for the time I want, because after much thought, I'll take my time today. Maybe not the best at this time, but it has been the worst. Remembering the past is well and best fun. Indeed there are to remember them forever. The bad, for that, are not as fun, but I do not think that should be forgotten because of all you learn and play around "I would go back knowing what I know today" is very dangerous and is wanting to play with advantage . Surely we would stop doing some things we did (at least me) and maybe that would change the life we \u200b\u200bhave today, so I said, I'm with my present and waiting time which are to come.

Photograph of the author: http://www.i-italy.org/events/2010/1

0 comments:

Post a Comment